Thread stop

Wm Mader <hillbrook@...>

How would you use a threading stop on a 9 in with a taper attachment.
I' am drawing a blank.
Bill

ToadJammer

--- In southbendlathe@..., "Wm Mader" <hillbrook@...> wrote:

How would you use a threading stop on a 9 in with a taper attachment.
I' am drawing a blank.
Bill
The stop goes on the dial end of the vee way and the threaded stud
stops the cross slide from moving too far in.

Wm Mader <hillbrook@...>

--- In southbendlathe@..., "ToadJammer" <toadjammer@...>
wrote:

--- In southbendlathe@..., "Wm Mader" <hillbrook@> wrote:

How would you use a threading stop on a 9 in with a taper
attachment.
I' am drawing a blank.
Bill
The stop goes on the dial end of the vee way and the threaded stud
stops the cross slide from moving too far in.
If it is installed on the dial side of the cross slide it can move in
not back.The cross slide can move in on the sadle. Still do not
understand.
Bill

ChristopherS

I think Threading Stops and Carriage Stops are being confused here? Bill, are you referring to the Stop that is mounted on the dial end of the Cross Slide that is used to lock in your zero (start) point?

Chris

Wm Mader wrote:

--- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, "ToadJammer" ...>
wrote:

> --- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, "Wm Mader" wrote:
> >
> > How would you use a threading stop on a 9 in with a taper
attachment.
> > I' am drawing a blank.
> > Bill
> >
> The stop goes on the dial end of the vee way and the threaded stud
> stops the cross slide from moving too far in.

If it is installed on the dial side of the cross slide it can move in
not back.The cross slide can move in on the sadle. Still do not
understand.
Bill

ToadJammer

The stud screws into the cross slide and stops at the bootm of its threaded hole.  The sud where it goes through the clamp slides free through a hole, hence when the cross slide is moved back after making the first or subsequnt passes one can move the cross slide back away from the thread move back to the start and move the cross slide in to where the stop makes contact then make the next pass.

wrote:

> --- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, "Wm Mader" wrote:
> >
> > How would you use a threading stop on a 9 in with a taper
attachment.
> > I' am drawing a blank.
> > Bill
> >
> The stop goes on the dial end of the vee way and the threaded stud
> stops the cross slide from moving too far in.

If it is installed on the dial side of the cross slide it can move in
not back.The cross slide can move in on the sadle. Still do not
understand.
Bill

Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

John Dammeyer

Hi Bill.

I've put an annotated photo at www.pacificsun.ca/~john/ELS/photos

Called ThreadStop.jpg it's near the bottom of the list of Electronic
Lead Screw pictures.

John Dammeyer

Automation Artisans Inc.
http://www.autoartisans.com
Ph. 1 250 544 4950

How would you use a threading stop on a 9 in with a taper
attachment.
I' am drawing a blank.
Bill
The stop goes on the dial end of the vee way and the threaded stud
stops the cross slide from moving too far in.
If it is installed on the dial side of the cross slide it can move in
not back.The cross slide can move in on the sadle. Still do not
understand.
Bill

theFAQ.html
Post: mailto:southbendlathe@...
Email Moderators: mailto:southbendlathe-owner@...
* * * * *
Stop delivery: southbendlathe-nomail@...
Daily digest mode: southbendlathe-digest@...
Individual emails: southbendlathe-normal@...

Yahoo! Groups Links

Wm Mader <hillbrook@...>

--- In southbendlathe@..., Trent Janssen <toadjammer@...>

Wm Mader <hillbrook@...> wrote: --- In

wrote:

How would you use a threading stop on a 9 in with a taper
attachment.
I' am drawing a blank. Thanks
Now I get it. I didnt know that the bolt slid through the stop.
Thanks guys
Bill
Bill
The stop goes on the dial end of the vee way and the threaded
stud
stops the cross slide from moving too far in.
If it is installed on the dial side of the cross slide it can move
in
not back.The cross slide can move in on the sadle. Still do not
understand.
Bill

---------------------------------
Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.

Dennis Turk <dennis.turk2@...>

Hi Steve

You got a universal grinding or small milling fixture.  More than likely for grinding special lathe tool bits using a surface grinder.  Cool

DT

Can anyone tell me what this obscure holder is I just bought.
Bob, think this thing has enough adjustments to get the indexer
in position...lol
seller said it says "Omna Vise" on it.

Steve

Steve Wells

--- In southbendlathe@..., John Dammeyer <johnd@...>
wrote:

Hi Bill.

I've put an annotated photo at www.pacificsun.ca/~john/ELS/photos

Called ThreadStop.jpg it's near the bottom of the list of Electronic
Lead Screw pictures.

John Dammeyer

Automation Artisans Inc.
http://www.autoartisans.com
Ph. 1 250 544 4950
Thanks John: I watched all your photos. they are great. Thanks
again. I show Flatcoated Retrievers and my bitch champion is from
Canada. Named after the flower of Canada. (Trillium)
Bill hillbrook@...