Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 11:30 AM
Subject: [southbendlathe] Yahoo system failure

Hi Chris

I had just completed a three page post and as I sent it the system went
down and it did not make it or at least not yet. Damn that is the
third time this has happened to me. Are you sure there is not someone
looking at these post before they are put up. All three times the post
I had written would have been viewed as controversial. HMMMMMMM I
think Big Brother is watching.

Turk

Dennis Turk <dennis.turk2@...>

May have been a good thing as it was a very contraverial post about
stuff in general and maybe its a good thing it did not go. Chris
kind of knows some of my feelings about things.

Turk

--- In southbendlathe@..., "CAL" <cal@...> wrote:

Feel your pain Den. Happens all the time on another forum I hang
out on. Got me one time, I now save everything before I push that ol
post button. Easier to erase than rewrite.
I had just completed a three page post and as I sent it the
system went
down and it did not make it or at least not yet. Damn that is the
third time this has happened to me. Are you sure there is not
someone
looking at these post before they are put up. All three times the
post
I had written would have been viewed as controversial. HMMMMMMM I
think Big Brother is watching.

Turk

ChristopherS

Denny, your guess is as good a anyone. Our moderator is an enigma. When was that last time any of us heard from him-her-whatever? If I didn't know any better I would say that the group is synonymous with the "Flying Dutchman"! In the interim, go to your "SENT" folder, retrieve it, and send it again. Or just wait and see if it eventually goes through. It could simply be another Yahoo hiccup.

Chris

Dennis Turk wrote:

Hi Chris

I had just completed a three page post and as I sent it the system went
down and it did not make it or at least not yet. Damn that is the
third time this has happened to me. Are you sure there is not someone
looking at these post before they are put up. All three times the post
I had written would have been viewed as controversial. HMMMMMMM I
think Big Brother is watching.

Turk

ChristopherS

Here's a tip for those using Yahoo web mail. If you get an error when you click send, give a look see in your "DRAFTS" folder. Yahoo defaults to placing it in there upon most errors. Sometimes it's a log-in time out, which is a royal PIA after typing a long email. In those cases, I've always found a copy in the Drafts folder.
Chris

Feel your pain Den. Happens all the time on another forum I hang out on. Got me one time, I now save everything before I push that ol post button. Easier to erase than rewrite.
I had just completed a three page post and as I sent it the system went
down and it did not make it or at least not yet. Damn that is the
third time this has happened to me. Are you sure there is not someone
looking at these post before they are put up. All three times the post
I had written would have been viewed as controversial. HMMMMMMM I
think Big Brother is watching.

Turk

ChristopherS

Yeah, I feel like a priest receiving confession :-)

Chris

--- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, "CAL" wrote:

> Feel your pain Den. Happens all the time on another forum I hang
out on. Got me one time, I now save everything before I push that ol
post button. Easier to erase than rewrite.

ChristopherS

Denny, I forgot to ask you something. How long does it typically take your posts to show up on the board, from the time you click send?

Chris

Dennis Turk verizon.net> wrote:
Hi Chris

I had just completed a three page post and as I sent it the system went
down and it did not make it or at least not yet. Damn that is the
third time this has happened to me. Are you sure there is not someone
looking at these post before they are put up. All three times the post
I had written would have been viewed as controversial. HMMMMMMM I
think Big Brother is watching.

Turk

James Early <j.w.early@...>

Turk
This is why I do anything more than a one liner reply in Word. It will auto
save every five minutes and does automatic spelling and grammar check. Then
it is very east to cut and paste it into a reply or new message!
JWE
Long Beach, CA

I had just completed a three page post and as I sent it the system went
down and it did not make it or at least not yet. Damn that is the
third time this has happened to me. Are you sure there is not someone
looking at these post before they are put up. All three times the post
I had written would have been viewed as controversial. HMMMMMMM I
think Big Brother is watching.

Turk

Dennis Turk <dennis.turk2@...>

Hi Chris

I don't get group emails so I can only post on the board posting. It
don't give you a second chance of it does not go. I used to do all
my work in word and then past it over but I have since down loaded
IeSpell so I can do a spell check right in a dialog box. Works neat
except when this happens.

AS to time from hitting send till it shows up. Well most of the time
its at least a half hour once in a wile it be there in five minutes
or so and I have even had it show up in less than 30 seconds but by
that is not normal. Now On the Drummond Yahoo group in England the
post are always there in about two minutes. Jeff's site they are
there before you can even check to see if it made it.

I only belong to four or five groups and only two of them are SB but
this one is the one with all the problems. Drummond and Dalton
groups work great.

Say I was looking over my profile page and I did not see were I can
check anything that would allow me to receive emails. It would be
handy for pictures since most of the guys don't have a flicker
site. I really like that site and I see Steve is using it now. I
have family members that are using it and they like it. I only use
it for machine stuff.

Nuff for now

Turk

--- In southbendlathe@..., Chris Strazzeri <cjstrazz@...>

Dennis Turk <dennis.turk2@...> wrote:
Hi Chris

I had just completed a three page post and as I sent it the system
went
down and it did not make it or at least not yet. Damn that is the
third time this has happened to me. Are you sure there is not
someone
looking at these post before they are put up. All three times the
post
I had written would have been viewed as controversial. HMMMMMMM I
think Big Brother is watching.

Turk

Rick Kruger <krugerr@...>

And one of the reasons I do all my reading and posting not online, but via individual emails. Same capability as using Word, only no cut & paste, just a save button and a send button. I use Eudora as my email application, but I'm sure there are lots of others.

Rick

At 06:17 PM 3/22/2007, you wrote:
Turk
This is why I do anything more than a one liner reply in Word. It will auto
save every five minutes and does automatic spelling and grammar check. Then
it is very east to cut and paste it into a reply or new message!
JWE
Long Beach, CA

I had just completed a three page post and as I sent it the system went
down and it did not make it or at least not yet. Damn that is the
third time this has happened to me. Are you sure there is not someone
looking at these post before they are put up. All three times the post
I had written would have been viewed as controversial. HMMMMMMM I
think Big Brother is watching.

Turk

Yahoo! Groups Links

Dennis Turk <dennis.turk2@...>

Wow this thing was there when I went back to the home page. That has
to be a record.

--- In southbendlathe@..., "Dennis Turk"

wrote:

[...]

CAL <cal@...>

Denny, go to Edit Membership  then you can check the email preferences.

--- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, Chris Strazzeri .>
wrote:

> Denny, your guess is as good a anyone. Our moderator is an enigma.
When was that last time any of us heard from him-her-whatever? If I
didn't know any better I would say that the group is synonymous with
the "Flying Dutchman"! In the interim, go to your "SENT" folder,
retrieve it, and send it again. Or just wait and see if it eventually
goes through. It could simply be another Yahoo hiccup.

> Chris
>

> Dennis Turk ...> wrote:
> Hi Chris
>
> I had just completed a three page post and as I sent it the system
went
> down and it did not make it or at least not yet. Damn that is the
> third time this has happened to me. Are you sure there is not
someone
> looking at these post before they are put up. All three times the
post
> I had written would have been viewed as controversial. HMMMMMMM I
> think Big Brother is watching.
>
> Turk

ChristopherS

Yes, it's that simple. Thanks Cal.
Chris

wrote:

> Denny, your guess is as good a anyone. Our moderator is an enigma.
When was that last time any of us heard from him-her-whatever? If I
didn't know any better I would say that the group is synonymous with
the "Flying Dutchman"! In the interim, go to your "SENT" folder,
retrieve it, and send it again. Or just wait and see if it eventually
goes through. It could simply be another Yahoo hiccup.

> Chris
>

> Dennis Turk ...> wrote:
> Hi Chris
>
> I had just completed a three page post and as I sent it the system
went
> down and it did not make it or at least not yet. Damn that is the
> third time this has happened to me. Are you sure there is not
someone
> looking at these post before they are put up. All three times the
post
> I had written would have been viewed as controversial. HMMMMMMM I
> think Big Brother is watching.
>
> Turk

ChristopherS

Denny, you're not being moderated. There is no way in hell that your post would have made it to the board that fast if you were. When a member is on moderated status his or her (?) post goes to the moderator's in-box, via a Yahoo "Moderate Notification", which includes a link to the Accept-Reject page. If the moderator isn't reading his mail it could sit there for days or weeks until it expires. Considering the fact that you are a very active (and Valued) member here, I think you will be much happier selecting "Receive Individual Emails" in your preferences section. Follow the link that Cal sent.
Chris

--- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Turk"
...> wrote:

> Hi Chris
>
> I don't get group emails so I can only post on the board posting.
It
> don't give you a second chance of it does not go. I used to do all
> my work in word and then past it over but I have since down loaded
> IeSpell so I can do a spell check right in a dialog box. Works
neat
> except when this happens.
>
> AS to time from hitting send till it shows up. Well most of the
time
> its at least a half hour once in a wile it be there in five minutes
> or so and I have even had it show up in less than 30 seconds but by
> that is not normal. Now On the Drummond Yahoo group in England the
> post are always there in about two minutes. Jeff's site they are
> there before you can even check to see if it made it.
>
> I only belong to four or five groups and only two of them are SB
but
> this one is the one with all the problems. Drummond and Dalton
> groups work great.
>
> Say I was looking over my profile page and I did not see were I can
> check anything that would allow me to receive emails. It would be
> handy for pictures since most of the guys don't have a flicker
> site. I really like that site and I see Steve is using it now. I
> have family members that are using it and they like it. I only use
> it for machine stuff.
>
> Nuff for now
>
> Turk
>
> --- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, Chris Strazzeri
> wrote:
> >
> > Denny, your guess is as good a anyone. Our moderator is an
enigma.
> When was that last time any of us heard from him-her-whatever? If I
> didn't know any better I would say that the group is synonymous
with
> the "Flying Dutchman"! In the interim, go to your "SENT" folder,
> retrieve it, and send it again. Or just wait and see if it
eventually
> goes through. It could simply be another Yahoo hiccup.
> >
> > Chris
> >

> > Dennis Turk > wrote:
> > Hi Chris
> >
> > I had just completed a three page post and as I sent it the
system
> went
> > down and it did not make it or at least not yet. Damn that is the
> > third time this has happened to me. Are you sure there is not
> someone
> > looking at these post before they are put up. All three times the
> post
> > I had written would have been viewed as controversial. HMMMMMMM I
> > think Big Brother is watching.
> >
> > Turk

CAL <cal@...>

Chris
I agree with Denny in that the posting of replies or new threads does seem rather inconsistent. I have had emails as fast as I could down load the mail and at other times a couple of hours. Until Denny mentioned it I just blamed my ISP.

...> wrote:

> Hi Chris
>
> I don't get group emails so I can only post on the board posting.
It
> don't give you a second chance of it does not go. I used to do all
> my work in word and then past it over but I have since down loaded
> IeSpell so I can do a spell check right in a dialog box. Works
neat
> except when this happens.
>
> AS to time from hitting send till it shows up. Well most of the
time
> its at least a half hour once in a wile it be there in five minutes
> or so and I have even had it show up in less than 30 seconds but by
> that is not normal. Now On the Drummond Yahoo group in England the
> post are always there in about two minutes. Jeff's site they are
> there before you can even check to see if it made it.
>
> I only belong to four or five groups and only two of them are SB
but
> this one is the one with all the problems. Drummond and Dalton
> groups work great.
>
> Say I was looking over my profile page and I did not see were I can
> check anything that would allow me to receive emails. It would be
> handy for pictures since most of the guys don't have a flicker
> site. I really like that site and I see Steve is using it now. I
> have family members that are using it and they like it. I only use
> it for machine stuff.
>
> Nuff for now
>
> Turk
>
> --- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, Chris Strazzeri
> wrote:
> >
> > Denny, your guess is as good a anyone. Our moderator is an
enigma.
> When was that last time any of us heard from him-her-whatever? If I
> didn't know any better I would say that the group is synonymous
with
> the "Flying Dutchman"! In the interim, go to your "SENT" folder,
> retrieve it, and send it again. Or just wait and see if it
eventually
> goes through. It could simply be another Yahoo hiccup.
> >
> > Chris
> >

> > Dennis Turk > wrote:
> > Hi Chris
> >
> > I had just completed a three page post and as I sent it the
system
> went
> > down and it did not make it or at least not yet. Damn that is the
> > third time this has happened to me. Are you sure there is not
> someone
> > looking at these post before they are put up. All three times the
> post
> > I had written would have been viewed as controversial. HMMMMMMM I
> > think Big Brother is watching.
> >
> > Turk

ChristopherS

Cal,
Many things can effect how fast a message is posted. Yahoo is kind of like a road crew that constantly has your streets torn up but never seem to finish the job. The latest PIA is undelivered mail messages. It seems there are some new members that entered invalid email addresses, or old members that changed there address. When this happens members start getting these bounced messages. The Moderator is supposed to rectify this by contacting or removing the offending member. Has anyone else been getting these recently?

Chris

...> wrote:

> Hi Chris
>
> I don't get group emails so I can only post on the board posting.
It
> don't give you a second chance of it does not go. I used to do all
> my work in word and then past it over but I have since down loaded
> IeSpell so I can do a spell check right in a dialog box. Works
neat
> except when this happens.
>
> AS to time from hitting send till it shows up. Well most of the
time
> its at least a half hour once in a wile it be there in five minutes
> or so and I have even had it show up in less than 30 seconds but by
> that is not normal. Now On the Drummond Yahoo group in England the
> post are always there in about two minutes. Jeff's site they are
> there before you can even check to see if it made it.
>
> I only belong to four or five groups and only two of them are SB
but
> this one is the one with all the problems. Drummond and Dalton
> groups work great.
>
> Say I was looking over my profile page and I did not see were I can
> check anything that would allow me to receive emails. It would be
> handy for pictures since most of the guys don't have a flicker
> site. I really like that site and I see Steve is using it now. I
> have family members that are using it and they like it. I only use
> it for machine stuff.
>
> Nuff for now
>
> Turk
>
> --- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, Chris Strazzeri
> wrote:
> >
> > Denny, your guess is as good a anyone. Our moderator is an
enigma.
> When was that last time any of us heard from him-her-whatever? If I
> didn't know any better I would say that the group is synonymous
with
> the "Flying Dutchman"! In the interim, go to your "SENT" folder,
> retrieve it, and send it again. Or just wait and see if it
eventually
> goes through. It could simply be another Yahoo hiccup.
> >
> > Chris
> >

> > Dennis Turk > wrote:
> > Hi Chris
> >
> > I had just completed a three page post and as I sent it the
system
> went
> > down and it did not make it or at least not yet. Damn that is the
> > third time this has happened to me. Are you sure there is not
> someone
> > looking at these post before they are put up. All three times the
> post
> > I had written would have been viewed as controversial. HMMMMMMM I
> > think Big Brother is watching.
> >
> > Turk

CAL <cal@...>

You spend a lot of time here helping people. It also seems that the "moderator"   [whoever that is]  is MIA. HINT! HINT!
What say the rest of you members????

...> wrote:

> Hi Chris
>
> I don't get group emails so I can only post on the board posting.
It
> don't give you a second chance of it does not go. I used to do all
> my work in word and then past it over but I have since down loaded
> IeSpell so I can do a spell check right in a dialog box. Works
neat
> except when this happens.
>
> AS to time from hitting send till it shows up. Well most of the
time
> its at least a half hour once in a wile it be there in five minutes
> or so and I have even had it show up in less than 30 seconds but by
> that is not normal. Now On the Drummond Yahoo group in England the
> post are always there in about two minutes. Jeff's site they are
> there before you can even check to see if it made it.
>
> I only belong to four or five groups and only two of them are SB
but
> this one is the one with all the problems. Drummond and Dalton
> groups work great.
>
> Say I was looking over my profile page and I did not see were I can
> check anything that would allow me to receive emails. It would be
> handy for pictures since most of the guys don't have a flicker
> site. I really like that site and I see Steve is using it now. I
> have family members that are using it and they like it. I only use
> it for machine stuff.
>
> Nuff for now
>
> Turk
>
> --- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, Chris Strazzeri
> wrote:
> >
> > Denny, your guess is as good a anyone. Our moderator is an
enigma.
> When was that last time any of us heard from him-her-whatever? If I
> didn't know any better I would say that the group is synonymous
with
> the "Flying Dutchman"! In the interim, go to your "SENT" folder,
> retrieve it, and send it again. Or just wait and see if it
eventually
> goes through. It could simply be another Yahoo hiccup.
> >
> > Chris
> >

> > Dennis Turk > wrote:
> > Hi Chris
> >
> > I had just completed a three page post and as I sent it the
system
> went
> > down and it did not make it or at least not yet. Damn that is the
> > third time this has happened to me. Are you sure there is not
> someone
> > looking at these post before they are put up. All three times the
> post
> > I had written would have been viewed as controversial. HMMMMMMM I
> > think Big Brother is watching.
> >
> > Turk

Jim B. <eeengineer@...>

Yes I get all those failure to deliver messages. I am going to set up a filter to put them in my SPAM in box if it continues.

Jim B.

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex.... It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction"

Albert Einstein/ EF Schumacher (ATCMB)