Yahoo problems

Dennis Turk <dennis.turk2@...>

Hi all

Is anyone ells besides me having problems with post that do not make
it on to the list or take one to two days to get there???? I sent one
two days ago and it never made it. The second one I sent took a full
24 hours to show up. The one sent a day ago has not made it either.
Something is rotten in Denmark I am afraid.

Turk

Dennis Turk <dennis.turk2@...>

Well it must be all better now as this post only took an hour.

Turk

--- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Turk"
<dennis.turk2@...> wrote:

Hi all

Is anyone ells besides me having problems with post that do not make
it on to the list or take one to two days to get there???? I sent
one
two days ago and it never made it. The second one I sent took a
full
24 hours to show up. The one sent a day ago has not made it
either.
Something is rotten in Denmark I am afraid.

Turk

Joe R

Denny.

I've just seen the problem mentioned on another, non machine tool, Yahoo group. So Yahoo is located in Demark!

Joe Romas

Is anyone ells besides me having problems with post that do not make
it on to the list or take one to two days to get there???? I sent one
two days ago and it never made it. The second one I sent took a full
24 hours to show up. The one sent a day ago has not made it either.
Something is rotten in Denmark I am afraid.

Turk

Steve Wells

Denny,
You are in a "Yahoo Time Warp"...:))

Did you see my 29 door plates I put up on e-bay?

Are you that one watcher I have?...haha

http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29296-2357-0?
uid=41163366&site=0&ver=LCA080805&item=230082910878&lk=URL

Steve Wells

Steve Wells

that word wrap thing, how about just Item# 230082910878

Steve

mike4400

Steve.....Not me

Steve Wells

Ok everyone check out these 9" compound screws:
The top one is 80 years old.
The bottom one is 85 years old.
I'm almost done...
About two more hours cleanup and they are ready
to go back in!
Tell me what you think.

Steve Wells

ChristopherS

Yes Denny, (TSFTNPOVL) The Society For The None Proliferation Of Vintage Lathes has you under surveillance! Take a look outside. Is there a black helicopter hovering over your house? :-)

Chris

Dennis Turk wrote:

Hi all

Is anyone ells besides me having problems with post that do not make
it on to the list or take one to two days to get there???? I sent one
two days ago and it never made it. The second one I sent took a full
24 hours to show up. The one sent a day ago has not made it either.
Something is rotten in Denmark I am afraid.

Turk

Jeff Beck

hmmm too bad someone doesnt make a nice web based forum where we can
post this sort of stuff...hmmm

--- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, Chris Strazzeri <cjstrazz@...>
wrote:

Yes Denny, (TSFTNPOVL) The Society For The None Proliferation Of
Vintage Lathes has you under surveillance! Take a look outside. Is
there a black helicopter hovering over your house? :-)

Chris

Dennis Turk <dennis.turk2@...> wrote:
Hi all

Is anyone ells besides me having problems with post that do not
make
it on to the list or take one to two days to get there???? I sent
one
two days ago and it never made it. The second one I sent took a
full
24 hours to show up. The one sent a day ago has not made it either.
Something is rotten in Denmark I am afraid.

Turk

ChristopherS

Yeah Jeff, your Group/Message Board System is light years ahead of Yahoo's! Your messages are posted instantaneously. Change comes slow when you're talking about peoples habits.

Chris

wrote:

> Yes Denny, (TSFTNPOVL) The Society For The None Proliferation Of
Vintage Lathes has you under surveillance! Take a look outside. Is
there a black helicopter hovering over your house? :-)

> Chris
>

> Dennis Turk ...> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Is anyone ells besides me having problems with post that do not
make
> it on to the list or take one to two days to get there???? I sent
one
> two days ago and it never made it. The second one I sent took a
full
> 24 hours to show up. The one sent a day ago has not made it either.
> Something is rotten in Denmark I am afraid.
>
> Turk

Dave Mucha

wrote:

Yeah Jeff, your Group/Message Board System is light years ahead of
Yahoo's! Your messages are posted instantaneously. Change comes slow
when you're talking about peoples habits.

Chris

The problem with message boards are usually that someone sees fit to
make all sorts of seperate chat rooms so the group discussion part is
lost. To me the applealing thing about the Yahoo groups is that it is
more like a large group meeting or convention. the message boards
seem more like private phone calls.

The other thing that make the Yahoo presentation really nice is the
web browsing aspect with e-mail delivery.

I really like being able to read the first few lines of a post or
thread and decide to read and lurk, join in, or pass to the next one.

I really like the message boards for customer service as one can
select a problem, then read all manner of fixes, but as a group chat,
I find them severly wanting.

Just goes to show there is no ideal chat room.

Dave

Jeff Beck

Dave,
Actually with the msg boards (like mine) you can subscribe to any of
the individual areas or the whole thing and get them via email if you
prefer this. Also the "new posts" button which i use extensively
shows you any new posts since last time you were on, across all sub-
forums. Lastly I like being able to hove my mouse over any post and
read the 1st couple of lines.

My biggest issues with Yahoo is the handling of files and photos. I
dont read the msgs via email so I dont see any photos. Even for those
who do read via email, the photos and files are lost once you delete
the email, there is no archive in the forum.

But as you point out, none of them are perfect and this is why we
need many options!

Jeff
--- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Mucha" <dave_mucha@...>