SB 9" Model A, B, and C Cross Feed Screws - Some Questions

Wally Blackburn

Double-checking on an assumption I am making. I would guess that the
Models B and C cross feed screws are identical (no cross feed gear).
And, obviously, the A has the integral gear for cross feed.

Correct?

Thanks,
Wally

Steve Wells

Wally
The B has power cross feed, it just used standard change change gears
for threading, did not have a QC gear box.

Steve Wells

--- In southbendlathe@..., "Wally Blackburn"
<wallyblackburn@...> wrote:

Double-checking on an assumption I am making. I would guess that
the
Models B and C cross feed screws are identical (no cross feed
gear).
And, obviously, the A has the integral gear for cross feed.

Correct?

Thanks,
Wally

Wally Blackburn

--- In southbendlathe@..., "Steve Wells" <wswells@...> wrote:
OK, that's why I asked - I've always had trouble remembering the
different models.

Sooo, the A and B should have identical cross feed screws (with the
gear), and the model C should be unique (no gear) - right?

<wallyblackburn@> wrote:

Double-checking on an assumption I am making. I would guess that
the
Models B and C cross feed screws are identical (no cross feed
gear).
And, obviously, the A has the integral gear for cross feed.

Correct?

Thanks,
Wally

Steve Wells

If they followed the same trends as the older wide beds, (Denny can
correct me, if I'm wrong..haha) the gear blank on the shaft is there,
it just has been turned down soas you can't cut the gear.

Steve

<wallyblackburn@> wrote:

Double-checking on an assumption I am making. I would guess
that
the
Models B and C cross feed screws are identical (no cross feed
gear).
And, obviously, the A has the integral gear for cross feed.

Correct?

Thanks,
Wally

Dennis Turk <dennis.turk2@...>

Hi

I got a bunch of unfinished lead screws that came out of SB after
the auction. What my observations are is that the A B screw is
quite different than a C screw. More than just tunning the gear
diameter down so the gear cant be cut. There is a difference in the
thread length or were it starts on the shaft. Not just sure on the
early wide bed 9 inch as I really have not paid to much attention to
them. As yet that is."-)))

Turk

wrote:
OK, that's why I asked - I've always had trouble remembering the
different models.

Soho, the A and B should have identical cross feed screws (with