Weight of Lathe

NascrThndr@...

I'll say off the top of my head that you are looking at all of 2000 lbs. If you have a tractor that can handle 3,000 lbs you should be ok.
Dave

In a message dated 01/15/2007 7:10:25 PM Eastern Standard Time, rda1267@... writes:

I haven't seen this anywhere in FAQ or on the posts since 1/5/07.

Does anyone have an estimation of the weight of a 1946 16" with 10
ft bed. I am about to become the owner of one and am looking to see
if my tractor can pick it up. (about 3000 # limit)

An information is appreciated.
Thanks
David

rda1267 <rda1267@...>

I haven't seen this anywhere in FAQ or on the posts since 1/5/07.

Does anyone have an estimation of the weight of a 1946 16" with 10
ft bed. I am about to become the owner of one and am looking to see
if my tractor can pick it up. (about 3000 # limit)

An information is appreciated.
Thanks
David

Wally Blackburn

Wow...a 10 foot bed?! I don't know, you might be pushin' it there.
I would figure 2000 pounds for even the shortest bed 16", but my
experience has been mostly with the more modern gear-head models.

Wally

tetramachine

-I have a 6 foot and it lists a 2350 + 150 for the T/A I'd add 400 +
fot the extra lenght.

-- In southbendlathe@..., "Wally Blackburn"
<wallyblackburn@...> wrote:

Wow...a 10 foot bed?! I don't know, you might be pushin' it there.
I would figure 2000 pounds for even the shortest bed 16", but my
experience has been mostly with the more modern gear-head models.

Wally

n8dtp

--- In southbendlathe@..., "rda1267" <rda1267@...> wrote:

I haven't seen this anywhere in FAQ or on the posts since 1/5/07.

Does anyone have an estimation of the weight of a 1946 16" with 10
ft bed. I am about to become the owner of one and am looking to see
if my tractor can pick it up. (about 3000 # limit)

An information is appreciated.
Thanks
David
David weight is approx 2800# pounds according to the southbend book.
They also made this lathe in a 14 inch. Hope this helps.
JIM

n8dtp

--- In southbendlathe@..., "n8dtp" <n8dtpyahoo@...> wrote:

--- In southbendlathe@..., "rda1267" <rda1267@> wrote:

I haven't seen this anywhere in FAQ or on the posts since 1/5/07.

Does anyone have an estimation of the weight of a 1946 16" with 10
ft bed. I am about to become the owner of one and am looking to see
if my tractor can pick it up. (about 3000 # limit)

An information is appreciated.
Thanks
David
David weight is approx 2800# pounds according to the southbend book.
They also made this lathe in a 14 inch. Hope this helps.
JIM
Correction 14 Feet.

david <rda1267@...>

Thanks to all who replied about the weight.  With any luck and the weather clears up, I hope to get it home next weekend and start checking it out.
Any guesses as to what it would be worth?  Have not been able to check much on it, but was being used in a manufacturing business last yr.
Does have taper attachment and steady rest that came with it to Houston ,Tx. in 1946
Thanks
David