MT3 endmill holders WAS: Re: Re: R8 Collets & #3MT Adapter #3mt

Stan Stocker <skstocker@...>

Hi Gary,

Grizzly has them in drawbar style MT3 for 3/16, 3/8, 1/2, 5/8, and 3/4 size endmills. They are on page 462 of the Grizzly catalog. Part numbers are G9540 through G9544 inclusive, prices are 16.96 for the 2 smaller and 17.95 for the three larger sizes.

These are for a standard imperial drawbar(3/8-16), metric drawbar for these is M12-1.75. Grizzly has them also.

There's always the option of MT3 collets available. I won't use a collet to hold any tool with helical edges (at least not in shanks < 3/4 inch), but some folks seem to get away with it. Little Machine Shop sells a pretty nice set of Chinese MT3 collets for around $70.

Cheers,
Stan

garyphansen wrote:

Stan:
The only #3 MT end mill holders I have seen are only
available in 3/8" & 1/2" and those are the two sizes that I made years ago. Do you know where I could buy other sizes?

Gary P. Hansen