Topics

10K collets

Daniel Fuller

Quick question.  I have a 5/8" round tooling bar with a 'Weldon' flat on it.
Is it ok to use this with my 10k 5/8" collet?  Will the flat cause damage the collet?
I guess that this question would be for all standard collets.
Thanks,
Dan

Steven H

Just don’t clamp down on the bar where the Weldon flat is if possible with the collet. Or use a Morse Taper shank end mill holder but that won’t be ‘pass through’ and may not suit your application.

Steve Haskell

On Dec 6, 2020, at 11:25 AM, Daniel Fuller <dfuller440@...> wrote:

Quick question.  I have a 5/8" round tooling bar with a 'Weldon' flat on it.
Is it ok to use this with my 10k 5/8" collet?  Will the flat cause damage the collet?
I guess that this question would be for all standard collets.
Thanks,
Dan

Daniel Fuller

I probably confused my question.  The flat is on the entire length.  I just realized that a Weldon flat is a short section that is flat.
Thanks.
Dan