Posted by: "Oren" obolt@....com
Date: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:01 pm ((PST))

I’m thinking a soft starter would manage incoming line voltage but would not reduce the initial surge coming from the starting capacitor. I believe it’s that starting capacitor that generates the big jolt making the motor jump at startup. I could be totally wrong for sure as I’m over my head on this.