Posted by: "Oren" obolt@...com
Date: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:41 am ((PST))

Thanks for the replies thus far. I’m beginning to wonder if it’s possible that I miswired the motor...it’s wired for 110 by me and I presumed I did it correctly and it’s definitely supplied with 110 as I wired the shop myself. Is it possible to miswire it and create a large startup jolt then have everything run fine after startup? When I first tested it unloaded on the bench after wiring it it jumped badly...I assumed that was because it had no load...now I’m wondering.