Re: screws

d6crawler

I did mine with my milwaukie impact driver. Put a 3/8" adapter on there and then the usual wide screwdriver bit from sears and that took them out nice and easy. I had tried the whack it with a hammer one before and had mixed results.

Daniel

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 03:16:01PM -0500, Seth Hensel sethhensel@... [SOUTHBENDLATHE] wrote:
The impact screwdriver is genius. The Sears version is made in the US (a requirement of mine for any tool purchase) and cost $25.00 with tax. Took all of a minute using the purchased specific bit to loosen both screws without doing additional damage. Thank you very much for that advice.

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 19, 2017, at 12:46 PM, Seth Hensel sethhensel@... [SOUTHBENDLATHE] <SOUTHBENDLATHE@...> wrote:

Thanks. I bought the spanner set available on Ebay which included a wide screwdriver bit with a hex shaft but it is neither fat enough nor wide enough for these two screws. Appreciate the steer.

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 19, 2017, at 12:03 PM, frank7748124@... [SOUTHBENDLATHE] <SOUTHBENDLATHE@...> wrote:

I bought this driver from Harbor Freight: https://www.harborfreight.com/impact-screwdriver-set-with-case-37530.html

The largest screwdriver blade was not large enough so I bought this socket set: https://www.harborfreight.com/6-pc-12-in-drive-screwdriver-bit-socket-set-67881.html

One of the sockets was the right width but just a tad too wide for the slot. A quick touch on a grinding wheel and it fit perfect.