Attaching A Face Plate

Stephen Bartlett

I am looking at a boring job using the face plate that came with my 9C. I have not had occasion to use this face plate before.

When I screw the plate onto the spindle, it runs out of thread leaving about 1/8 inch gap between the back of the face plate hub and the step face of the spindle, so only the threads are stopping the screwing of the face plate on the spindle.

Would it be advisable to have a shim between the face plate hub and the spindle face so that the face plate will be seated before it runs out of thread?

I am uncomfortable with the idea of having the end of threads stop the motion of the face plate.

Thanks,

Steve Bartlett