Re: South Bend 9X36 Lathe

soupy1951ca

If you email me directly at soupy51 at gmail dot com (change the at to @ and the dot to .) I'll send you a decent pair of pdf files of the South Bend book How To Run A Lathe.

Mike from Canada

On Sat, Nov 18, 2017 at 2:14 PM, omken1@... [SOUTHBENDLATHE] <SOUTHBENDLATHE@...> wrote:

My father in-law was a machinist in the Army during WW2. Dad passed away and left me his lathe for my work shop as I am the only one in the family that has a passion for tools. My greatest regret is that I never took the time to have him really teach me how to set it up properly and use it.

I moved the lathe to my workshop in North-Central New Jersey, and believe set it up properly and now am looking to learn how to properly use it. I am now retired and tried to find an class on metal working but none of the Vo-Techs offer it any longer. I would love to find a someone close by in the North-Central N.J. area who could teach me the basics of this tool. Can anyone suggest a good book, video, or know of someone in this area interested in sharing their knowledge on how best to use this incredible machine?

Appreciate the help!