From: omken1@... [SOUTHBENDLATHE]
To: SOUTHBENDLATHE
Sent: Sat, Nov 18, 2017 5:20 pm
Subject: [SOUTHBENDLATHE] South Bend 9X36 Lathe

My father in-law was a machinist in the Army during WW2. Dad passed away and left me his lathe for my work shop as I am the only one in the family that has a passion for tools. My greatest regret is that I never took the time to have him really teach me how to set it up properly and use it.

I moved the lathe to my workshop in North-Central New Jersey, and believe set it up properly and now am looking to learn how to properly use it. I am now retired and tried to find an class on metal working but none of the Vo-Techs offer it any longer. I would love to find a someone close by in the North-Central N.J. area who could teach me the basics of this tool. Can anyone suggest a good book, video, or know of someone in this area interested in sharing their knowledge on how best to use this incredible machine?

Appreciate the help!

Then go to the file SouthBendLatheFAQ-4.html
Post: mailto:SOUTHBENDLATHE@...
Email Moderators: mailto:SOUTHBENDLATHE-owner@...
* * * * *
Stop delivery: SOUTHBENDLATHE-nomail@...