Re: South Bend 9X36 Lathe

Jim_B

Several free copies in the files section

-8
Jim B,

On Nov 18, 2017, at 7:25 PM, 913fred@... [SOUTHBENDLATHE] <SOUTHBENDLATHE@...> wrote:

Southbend book - How To Run A Lathe  ( maybe can find a free copy on the internet )

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1311.R2.TR2.TRC0.A0.H0.Xhow+to+run+a.TRS0&_nkw=how+to+run+a+lathe+south+bend&_sacat=0

Multiple videos on You Tube on lathe and machining operations

Study  these before pay for a class...

On 11/18/2017 01:14 PM, omken1@... [SOUTHBENDLATHE] wrote:

My father in-law was a machinist in the Army during WW2. Dad passed away and left me his lathe for my work shop as I am the only one in the family that has a passion for tools.  My greatest regret is that I never took the time to have him really teach me how to set it up properly and use it.

I moved the lathe to my workshop in North-Central New Jersey, and believe set it up properly and now am looking to learn how to properly use it. I am now retired and tried to find an class on metal working but none of the Vo-Techs offer it any longer.  I would love to find a someone close by in the North-Central N.J. area who could teach me the basics of this tool. Can anyone suggest a good book, video, or know of someone in this area interested in sharing their knowledge on how best to use this incredible machine?

Appreciate the help!

Then go to  the file SouthBendLatheFAQ-4.html
Post: mailto:SOUTHBENDLATHE@...
Email Moderators: mailto:SOUTHBENDLATHE-owner@...
* * * * *
 Stop delivery: SOUTHBENDLATHE-nomail@...