Re: 13” Southbend Lathe Model No.

Steve Wells

Ted,
I don't remember seeing a serial number from the late 1940's for a D1-3., but it was an option. The later 14VS and the 1307 had them, I believe.
Steve

On Oct 29, 2017, at 8:33 PM, Latheman latheman2@... [SOUTHBENDLATHE] <SOUTHBENDLATHE@...> wrote:

Steve,
 Are you sure about that info ????
I'm not sure. I have had at least 2 machines (13" and a Heavy 10) with the CLC catalog number and neither one had a D1-4.    Both had 2 speed motors....
????
Ted

Very nice looking machine, could you post your serial number please.
The CLC is part of the catalog number, identifying the spindle nose.
CLC = D1-4 Cam Lock spindle.

Steve

Then go to  the file SouthBendLatheFAQ-4.html
Post: mailto:SOUTHBENDLATHE@...
Email Moderators: mailto:SOUTHBENDLATHE-owner@...
* * * * *
Stop delivery: SOUTHBENDLATHE-nomail@...