Re: Factory Automatic Carriage Stop

john kling

I understand that this is a rare part. I wonder if they prove reliable. - a mal function would be costly.

On Friday, August 18, 2017 1:04 PM, "S Clearman sclearman@... [SOUTHBENDLATHE]" wrote:

That's it exactly. There on the right of the gearbox, is a pivot arm. When the carriage moves toward the breadstick it pushes on the lower shaft stop. That causes the pivot arm to push what I will call a dog gear (not sure if that is correct term) on the lead screw away from the gear box. At that point the gear box is still turning, but the lead screw isn't, hence the carriage stops.

My problem is the pivot of that arm seems to be the mounting bolt of that end of the assembly.  It appears to have a blind pin in the arm at the flat of the bolt, preventing the bolt from rotating.