Re: Motor / Fan belt replacement? (can't seem to raise motor high enough)

gorvil

Philip,

Can you slide off the motor pulley, wrap the belt around it and slide it back onto the shaft? A pointed punch could help find the center if the motor shaft was center drilled.

Just a thought.

Glen Reeser

--- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, "Len Smith" <parnobal2@s...> wrote:

Philip..
I've had a similar problem on another machine, not my SB. We overcame this at the time by using longer mounting bolts and letting the motor sit a slack as possible until the belts were rolled on, tightening the bolts afterward and pulling the belts tight. That all sounds as though the belts could then be overtight, but it wasn't the case in practise.
Len Smith