Re: ChukMate..........

Ruud

Put a piece of roundstock in the chuck, about 3 inch into the spindle. Close the chuck, than remove the chuck. Store it with the roundstock still in it. Remounting will be easier that way!

---
mvg,
Ruud Silvertant

Edward Draper eddie.draper@btinternet.com [SOUTHBENDLATHE] schreef op 2017-06-08 10:31:

Anyone got any ideas for something similar for handling large screw on
chucks? (Short of a crane!) I nearly dropped the 4 jaw of our 14.5"
SB during a swap yesterday. Fortunately, I always place a plank over
the bed to catch it, but I always fear mangling the end thread of
either the mandrel or backplate. The Camlock on our Colchester is
much easier to use, even though the chucks are heavier.
Eddie
-------------------------
FROM: "r m rlm_mcv@yahoo.com [SOUTHBENDLATHE]"
<SOUTHBENDLATHE@yahoogroups.com>
TO: "SOUTHBENDLATHE@yahoogroups.com" <SOUTHBENDLATHE@yahoogroups.com>
SENT: Wednesday, 7 June 2017, 15:53
SUBJECT: Re: [SOUTHBENDLATHE] ChukMate..........
When I bought my Bridgeport 30 years ago it had a shop built fixture
on it that is of the same design. Works great. No bearings just steel
bushing.
-------------------------
FROM: "'Al Knack' arknack@comcast .net [SOUTHBENDLATHE]"
<SOUTHBENDLATHE@yahoogroups.com>
TO: SOUTHBENDLATHE@yahoogroups.com
SENT: Wednesday, June 7, 2017 6:14 AM
SUBJECT: RE: [SOUTHBENDLATHE] ChukMate..........
That looks like an interesting devise. I wonder how well it works or
if it will bind at the pivot points.
stumbled across this gadget to manage a vise on a mill........
http://www.chukmate.com/
-------------------------
Posted by: flajimak220
-------------------------
Links:
------
[1]
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/SOUTHBENDLATHE/conversations/messages/99684;_ylc=X3oDMTJxNnByNXE0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzI1NzM4MzYEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDA3NzA5BG1zZ0lkAzk5Njg0BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3JwbHkEc3RpbWUDMTQ5NjkxMDk2MQ--?act=reply&messageNum=99684
[2]
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/SOUTHBENDLATHE/conversations/newtopic;_ylc=X3oDMTJldWd0MmxqBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzI1NzM4MzYEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDA3NzA5BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTQ5NjkxMDk2MQ--
[3]
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/SOUTHBENDLATHE/conversations/topics/99674;_ylc=X3oDMTM2cnMwdDNlBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzI1NzM4MzYEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDA3NzA5BG1zZ0lkAzk5Njg0BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTQ5NjkxMDk2MQR0cGNJZAM5OTY3NA--
[4] https://yho.com/1wwmgg
[5]
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/SOUTHBENDLATHE/info;_ylc=X3oDMTJlbXR2ZXE5BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzI1NzM4MzYEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDA3NzA5BHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMTQ5NjkxMDk2MQ--
[6]