Re: Taper adaptors

glenn brooks <animalbrakeman@...>

I tried what Allen said, and now do it all the time.  Works just fine-perfectly actually.

On Monday, April 3, 2017, 2:52 PM, 'm. allan noah' kitno455@... [SOUTHBENDLATHE] wrote:

Make one. Its a simple turning job. For the center, you don't even need the adapter. Just turn a 60 degree point on a bit of stock in the chuck, and turn the lathe dog with a chuck jaw.

allan

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 5:07 PM, boris.ludwig@... [SOUTHBENDLATHE] <SOUTHBENDLATHE@...> wrote:

Hi Philip,

That's a dead end at this point. The Hercus 260 with a threaded spindle has a MT4 taper in the spindle. But my lathe has a D1-4 spindle with a bigger opening. Its not a MT5 as I thought it might be.

Besides that Mal's been very helpful in many ways but this needs some southbend help.

Cheers

--
"well, I stand up next to a mountain- and I chop it down with the edge of my hand"