Re: Newbie (New Member, New to me South Bend)

Nick Jonkman

Hi guys
Attached is a photo of the bench I built for my 9A. It is very rigid and has lots of weight too. Legs are 2" square tubing 3/16 wall, plates are 1/4" and 3/16" for the webs. The shelf is 6 or 8" channel iron so all in all very rigid. The tool box loaded probably weighs another 150 or more pounds. Top frame around the tool box is heavy 2 1/2" angle iron. I get no flex and was able level and maintain that once set up. There is only one leg on the right end and four on the left side. I have the four legs leveled and then brought the single leg up to match the height. Works great.
Nick