Re: Inspection thoughts?

Steve Epstein

It was as advertised. Picking it up Saturday. Busy making room in the shop (basement) for it, as it is quite large. The apparent corrosion on the thread dial was an anomaly in the photo, no corrosion on the dial at all.

A lot of the paint shows cracks and much of it looks like it will flake right off. Any thought on repair? I certainly don't need/want to repaint it, but would like to get the built up dust off of it without doing any additional damage.

Anyone tried electrostatic paint? Years ago I watched a guy paint some office furniture with it and was amazed at the quality of the paint job and the almost non-existent overspray.