New member intro

glenn brooks <animalbrakeman@...>

Hello all,

By way of introduction, I just bought a SB Fourteen in pretty nice shape.  I plan to use the lathe in restoring an old 1903 12" gauge 1/4 scale steam engine I bought as a retirement project last year.

Also iam working on restoring a 1925 SB 9" x48"  barn find. This lathe is missing the line shaft, so I need to build a motor mount and belt drive to connect to the lathe, before I can put it back in operation.  I bought this lathe because it still has original scrape marks along the bed and has been in warm storage since the late 1930's or early '40's.  So basically is still a new lathe, sans the drive chain.

I live  in the Seattle area and help moderate the Park Gauge miniature train forum on Chaski.org.   I joined the forum to take part in discussions about South Bend restorations and learn more about these fine old machines. Look forward to participating!

Thanks much!

Glenn Brooks