Re: New mmber

John Losch

On Sep 19, 2016, at 9:38 PM, Lance Eggleston gbof@... [SOUTHBENDLATHE] <SOUTHBENDLATHE@...> wrote:

Welcome..

822+ people, wind surfing and a beer hall.
What did I miss in Klitmoeller?

I have an 11” Moody lathe, it’s a Quebec Ont. clone of the SBL9C.
I have modified it also. What mods did you do to your Boxford?

I have found that SBL parts do NOT fit exactly and need to be
sleeved, bored or ground .

lance
+++
On Sep 19, 2016, at 3:03 PM, 'Jim B.' btdtrf@... [SOUTHBENDLATHE] <SOUTHBENDLATHE@...> wrote:

Welcome to the group.

How do you keep the swarf from bothering your wife with the lathe so close to the laundry?

Mine is near also but walled off. I vacuum several times a day and still have issues.

Jim B.

9/19/16

To all:

Please pardon my ignorance, but what is a conical gib adjustment?  It may be something familiar to everybody but me, but it gets past me by that name.  Thanks for any information.

John Losch