From: "jeff@... [SOUTHBENDLATHE]"
To: SOUTHBENDLATHE@...
Sent: Thursday, May 5, 2016 6:00 PM
Subject: [SOUTHBENDLATHE] Southbend lathe from 1911/12.

I just bought a lathe from craigslist. Not sure if I got my money's worth, or how to find accessories/parts. S/N 1239. Not in bad condition. There is wear on the crosslide screw for sure, just over 3/4 of a turn to start moving the other way, and .100 feed gives .090. There are no dials on the compound, or the carriage handwheels. Just the cross-slide which is tiny in diameter. Only power feeds one direction, and no power feed on the cross slide.
Where can I find new screws/nuts for the slide and compound?
Is there any way to rig it for reverse feed?
The spindle seems to be 1 1/8" 10TPI, can't find anything that matches that. The bore is tiiiiny. about 3/8" I think. any way to open that up some?
 One of the faces of the jaws is damaged on the 3 jaw chuck. Anywhere to replace that without replacing the whole chuck?
 I paid $500, came with a 4 jaw chuck, a face plate, a tiny 4 jaw chuck, and rocker tool post, a knurling tool, and 1/4 straight, and up angle tool holders, and all the gears except the one I need to do 24tpi threading. leather belt could use a replacement. Was that a bad deal. It's my first lathe, I would love to have better, but don't have the money right now.