lathe on casters??

Ron Goodger

Lance,

You said, "I put mine on FootMaster casters and can
push it around to clean and get behind it for electrical work."

I seen photos of lathes on casters and wondered about that.  It seems to run contrary to the concept of leveling the lathe.  What I've read says you want to anchor the lathe solidly to a concrete floor if possible and level it with a precision level to get accurate work out of it.

I'm curious now as to how critical this is.  How many out there have put their lathe on casters and how has that affected performance?

Ron