Re: SB 9C HEADSTOCK SPINDLE BEARINGS

john kling

Were a small number of workshops originally made with thin wall bronze bearings?

On Monday, February 15, 2016 7:25 PM, "'m. allan noah' kitno455@... [SOUTHBENDLATHE]" wrote:

There was a fellow (on HSM i think) that bored a badly scored headstock and installed needle rollers some years ago. Afterwards, he found too much pattern from the bearings translated into the work. He replaced them with bronze shells.

allan

On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 7:09 PM, john kling jkling222@... [SOUTHBENDLATHE] <SOUTHBENDLATHE@...> wrote:

A few years back i read a discussion (Practical machinist) on replacing the front bearing with a tapered roller bearing. Some one might have been successful but most of the discussion, as I recall question, seem to question whether it would be possible to remove enough iron from the headstock to introduce the bearing.

On Monday, February 15, 2016 6:38 PM, "'Nick Hayer' nick@... [SOUTHBENDLATHE]" <SOUTHBENDLATHE@...> wrote:

Hey Tony,

Is this the apple?
Thanks -