Re: lathe spindle RPM

john kling

I often avoid figuring out any problem that  I do not badly need an answer to - and even many that I do. That said is the calculation not a just involve the product of the sequence of ratios of the circumfrances of the pulleys (with the v pulleys needing special consideration)?  This is an intuitive answer.

On Friday, January 1, 2016 10:40 PM, "Ed S eschwerkolt@... [SOUTHBENDLATHE]" wrote:

Jim V

I was refering to the RPM but i like your thinking.

It took a little searching but I found the broom stick method in the file section. The idea was to mark the spindle then turn the motor by hand and count the revolutions. See th file here.

At 09:10 PM 1/1/2016, you wrote:

are we talking about lathe rpm or Hillary's natural mode of transportation????

On Friday, January 1, 2016 4:41 PM, "Ed S eschwerkolt@... [SOUTHBENDLATHE]" wrote:

Mark,

I thought you would post the broom stick method.

At 07:42 AM 1/1/2016, you wrote:

This is what I get:

Countershaft with the 16" pulley = 273.44 RPM
6.5" pulley to 3.25" pulley = 546.88 RPM
5.5" pulley to 4.375" pulley = 343.75 RPM
4.25" pulley to 5.5" pulley = 211.29 RPM

Mark