Re: New 4 Jaw Chuck

Gregg Eshelman

On 4/1/2015 3:17 PM, Ray De Jong dejongray@yahoo.com [SOUTHBENDLATHE] wrote:

The, perhaps safety concern , and this is the reason I was given over 50
years ago is that a chuck must 'lock-up' when holding a work piece.
However if it is lubricated and given there is vibration, heat and a
certain amount of give in the work piece, the tendency to loosen up
during a machining operation is far greater if lubrication is involved.ere
Hope the feedback is reasonable
Regards
Ray in Nelson
Dunno about lubing chucks but I learned from experience NOT to use any lube on the curved dovetail ways of a tilting vise. It matters not how tight the clamp is cranked down it will slip if there's lube on the ways and clamp.