Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2015 5:23 AM
Subject: Re: [SOUTHBENDLATHE] Gear puller threads Need new center force screw.

I've never seen a puller with anything but fine 60° thread. It is extremely difficult to do fine ACME. I have 3 different ones all with the same 60° thread. Maybe others exist, I've just never seen one.

Mike from Canada

On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 12:22 AM, Gregg Eshelman g_alan_e@... [SOUTHBENDLATHE] <SOUTHBENDLATHE@...> wrote:

On 3/27/2015 4:50 PM, arknack@... [SOUTHBENDLATHE] wrote:

> Now for the questions.
> What type of thread should I use? Standard 60 degree or buttress? 60
> degree would be much easier as I have the tooling.

ACME or square thread would be much stronger than pointed or buttress.

---

“People that know they are important think about others, people that think they are important, think about themselves.” – Hans F. Hansen

Learn from the mistakes of others, you might not live long enough to make them all yourself!!!