Re: .001" x .001": 9" gap bed progress and more questions.

Gregg Eshelman

On 12/1/2014 12:18 PM, mlewis@fbm.com [SOUTHBENDLATHE] wrote:

I am working on the headstock now, and was wondering whether anyone had
any recommendations for a 53" serpentine belt. Most of the local auto
parts places seem to only stock by reference to auto make and model, so
I am getting a bit frustrated.
Google serpentine belt dimensions and you'll find places to look up belts by how many ribs and the length.

Figuring out the width is simple. There are a few standard rib sizes, much like single V belts, and total belt width is rib X number of ribs.

For the 1914 Sears Expert 13" I think I got one made by Bando, using a PDF catalog to find one 10 ribs wide and the length it needed. Turned out to be one used for some type of pump on a White/Volvo semi truck engine.

Once you have a part number for a belt with the dimensions you need, poke that into Amazon, eBay, various auto parts store websites or even just Google it - until you come up with the best price.