Old "popular" magazine articles. Re: Re: Home made taper attachment

Gregg Eshelman

On 11/8/2014 4:36 PM, jlotdots@yahoo.com [SOUTHBENDLATHE] wrote:

Eddie, that taper attachment article came from the January 1962 issue of
Popular Mechanics magazine, page 196, written by Walter Burton. It also
has a nice article on converting your old sewing machine to a lathe
driven jigsaw, love those old mags, those were the days...

I don't know what the copyright laws are, but I suspect you can stop
looking over your shoulder.
100% of the content of old Popular Science and Popular Mechanics magazines have been put online by their publishers for free.

Now if only someone would do likewise with the magazine variously known as Modern Mechanics and Inventions, Modern Mechanix and Inventions, Modern Mechanix, Mechanix Illustrated and finally Home Mechanix - between 1928 and August 1996. The odd thing about the switch to Home Mechanix, after an increasing change of content to woodworking and home improvement projects and away from general tech and automotive, the first issue of HM had as its cover feature an article on customizing the new 1984 Chrysler minivan.

There are some other defunct magazines that were similar but went under in the 60's and 70's. Complete digital archives of them would also be very useful.

---