Re: Broken quick change gearbox

sblatheman

The tumbler shaft should rotate freely. You probably have a bad spot in your tumbler idler gear(or dirt/chip in a tooth or two)

Ted

On Sep 16, 2014, at 10:42 AM, "Bemac502000 bemac502000@... [SOUTHBENDLATHE]" <SOUTHBENDLATHE@...> wrote:

Thanks Allen on my machine one of the holes is much smaller that is why I thought it is a tapered pin but I guess it could just be mushroomed over on that side. So should that shaft that the tumblers ride on rotate freely? If so I think that might be my problem it rotates freely until a point the jams up a bit.
Bill M.

On Sep 16, 2014, at 9:31 AM, "'m. allan noah' kitno455@... [SOUTHBENDLATHE]" <SOUTHBENDLATHE@...> wrote:

yes- the pin is offset because it rides in a groove in the side of the shaft. in both of my machines, the pin is straight, and came out easily.

allan