Re: Broken quick change gearbox

d6crawler

I used an electric impact hammer and gently backed the screws out with a good fitting bit. You can also use the spring loaded kind that you hit with a hammer but I think the electric one is better and does less damage.

As I recall the lead screw stays attached until you remove it from the box.

Good luck,
Daniel

On Thursday, September 11, 2014 6:22 PM, "Bemac502000 bemac502000@... [SOUTHBENDLATHE]" wrote:

The gear box is now freed up thanks Ted worked perfect any tips on removing the three slotted screws holding the gearbox to the ways I couldn't budge them. How does the lead screw come out of the gearbox or do you remove the whole thing?
Bill

.