Re: South Bend TM2VSCW milling machine?

Steve Wells

I haven't uploaded in a while Jim, because there is so much of it being copied and sold on e-bay.
I will put more up when I figure out a way to let group members have it for free and the others not to.
any suggestions?
I have information on the Bridgeport clone South Bend made.
Greg, the Mill you describe was made by Lilian, they are nice turret mills, I have a 1986, sold in 1987. it sat unused
from 1989 until I bought it a few years ago, had maybe a couple of hours on it, the soft ways were not scratched one
little bit. Still shinny and clean, rust free, everything was as new. I was amazed to find it in small home work shop in Cincinnati.
The son's father had passed away in 1990 and didn't get to use it. I love the machine.
As a South Bend machine, there was a 2H series and a 2S, the H was 3HP and the S was 2HP
My Mill is a 2S that has a 42 inch table. The 2VS is a variable speed. The H series had a 49 inch table.
Here is a link to the lilian page for the model, but I can't get the manual to down load, the link is broken.

Steve Wells

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2014 10:22 AM
Subject: RE: [SOUTHBENDLATHE] South Bend TM2VSCW milling machine?

There is some information on the Southbend milling machines on Steve Wells site.

Page 4 of the list, Catalog  3601, page 72.  This dates from 1963

Catalog 5201 dating from 1952 does not list the Mil. It does have the drill press and the shaper.

However the catalog numbers are more like MILxxxx

I have Catalog 6601, which probably dates from 1966. It also has the milling machine. My copy is huge. 166 Mb.

I tried to reduce it but even at 10 Mb it looses too much resolution.

I could copy the Milling machine pages individually and sent them one at a time.

I would suggest looking at Steve Wells 62 catalog first.

Jim B.

Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2014 5:40 PM
To: SOUTHBENDLATHE@...
Subject: [SOUTHBENDLATHE] South Bend TM2VSCW milling machine?

Another article of South Bend manufacturer I can't dig up any info on.

TM2VSCW milling machine, converted with an AhHa! CNC system. What I can
find on AhHa! CNC dates the conversion to early to mid 1990's but as for
the mill???

When were they made? Table size, motor horsepower, every other question
one needs to know about any non-Bridgeport knee mill?

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
http://www.avast.com

Join SouthBendLathe@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.