Re: South Bend TM2VSCW milling machine?

Gregg Eshelman

On 5/19/2014 8:22 AM, 'Jim B. ' btdtrf@verizon.net [SOUTHBENDLATHE] wrote:

There is some information on the Southbend milling machines on Steve
Wells site.

Page 4 of the list, Catalog 3601, page 72. This dates from 1963

Catalog 5201 dating from 1952 does not list the Mil. It does have the
drill press and the shaper.

However the catalog numbers are more like MILxxxx

I have Catalog 6601, which probably dates from 1966. It also has the
milling machine. My copy is huge. 166 Mb.

I tried to reduce it but even at 10 Mb it looses too much resolution.

I could copy the Milling machine pages individually and sent them one at
a time.

I would suggest looking at Steve Wells 62 catalog first.
I don't have one of the mills, just saw one on an auction site.

If your big catalog file is full page image scans, the way to reduce it is with an OCR program like ABBYY that can clip out images and replace the scanned words with text.

---