Re: My new to me South Bend 9 inch lathe [3 Attachments]

sblatheman

809 is the cross slide stop for the double tool cross slide. It mounts on the saddle where the follower rest mounts.

Ted

On May 15, 2014, at 10:15 AM, "markfrazier16137@... [SOUTHBENDLATHE]" <SOUTHBENDLATHE@...> wrote:

i know the lever and rack gear go to a tool cross slide used for production work, as I finally found them on the internet and saw the whole assembly. I just don't have the whole thing. As for the mystery part. I am finally up longer and was looking at it. I not sure these two pieces even go together. They could be separate. this is just how they came to me. the one with two holes has a part number on it .... 809XK1.This part looks the same on either side. The other has no markings. Here they are separated. Maybe this will help identify them