Re: Proper dead center for 10L

sandykt2

Skilly:

Sandy and Shawn are interchangable.

I took a break once the basic workshop was done so I haven't been lurking here for a while. I just got back into into it.  Currently I am customizing a 2012 BMW R1200R which is a naked bike for a 7,200 mile Alaska trip this July.

I needed to make an accurate bore and couldn't find my OEM dead center. It sent me into a panic since I am so proud of the lathe having a complete set of accessories down to the OEM dust cover.  Per suggestion here on the forum I modified a blank center.

Just made an album named Sandykt with a couple of pictures of the MT3 center and the test bar for setting the tail stock.

SandyKt