Frame 203
3/4" shaft

Ted

On Apr 11, 2014, at 2:09 PM, Latheman <latheman2@...> wrote:

Too far from South Bend :-(

Ted

On Apr 11, 2014, at 2:06 PM, Fred Flintstone <stoeger666@...> wrote:

North Texas area.

On Friday, April 11, 2014 1:03 PM, Latheman <latheman2@...> wrote:

Where are you located ? I have one that came out of a 13" for sale, with pulley.

Ted

On Apr 11, 2014, at 2:00 PM, Fred Flintstone <stoeger666@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Thank you all for the help it is greatly appreciated.

To be clear:

Current motor is 1 hp 220 volt AC single phase. I will check to see if it has a capacitor and if it does see if it is good. I have 3 phase power available. I would like to put in a 3 phase 220v AC 1 - 3 hp motor but don't know what frame it uses. I will measure it this weekend and try to figure that out as has been suggested, but if you know for sure what the 8113D use that would be great. I would love to know so I could try to find one on the cheap. Used 3 phase motors seem to be cheap and plentiful.

take care,
Mark

On Friday, April 11, 2014 12:13 PM, Lance Eggleston <lance.eggleston@...> wrote:

Current motor may be 220 VAC single phase.
Hand starting is like using a pony motor.
I used a pony motor for a few year before I...

got a VFD or a phase converter, connect it
to the current motor and be done. The VFD would give
you lots of benefits as well.

Are you using old leather or new serpentine belts to drive
the spindle? New serpentine belts will give
more HP to the spindle due to lack of slip / more grip.

lance
++++

On Apr 11, 2014, at 12:41 PM, Fred Flintstone wrote:

Hi Allan,
The current motor is 220v and when i want to use the lathe I have to start it turning by hand. A real pain in the butt.

Have a great weekend,
Mark