Re: Another Newbie with a motor question...

john kling

I am confused on how to order obtain a serpentine belt for a workshop lathe. Most of the listings seem to only give the type of cars they fit nor have I figured out the numbering system.

From: Pat/Juke/Whatever...
To: SOUTHBENDLATHE@...
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 5:40 PM
Subject: RE: [SOUTHBENDLATHE] Another Newbie with a motor question...

What would be the downside of ‘too much’ hp?

Right now I am at single phase 110 volts..could upgrade to 1ph 220  if necessary…but not sure I see the benefits yet (remember, I’m a newbie, so I haven’t done more than basic testing the machine before purchasing it).

I’d be fine going for the ½ HP if I had a clear sense of how the difference in strength would affect me, one way or another.

-Chef Juke
www.chefjuke.com
"EVERYbody eats when they come to MY house!"