Question about spindle direction for cuts

dick.gazinya@...

I haveĀ the S-4382 "T" slot cross slide kitĀ from Metal Lathe so I can mount a back tool post for chamfers and simple stuff. I have tried it with tool mounted upside down for normal forward spindle rotation and with tool bits right side up with the spindle in reverse, Am I asking for trouble for the chuck unscrewing or is the tool pressure going to prevent that? I'd prefer right side up tools so I could use the same bits on both tool posts but don't want the chuck coming off.