s/b fourteen

JIM

i bought my fourteen (74tt1148) on e-bay from user mastermetal4520. i spoke by phone with someone who said he worked for the company which was closing a plant and selling some of their equipment.looking at their feedback history they sold severel s/b 9" lathes. he told me that he thought the company had bought the lathe new. it is in good condition, some wear on the ways, but seems to have been well mantained. i did check the oil pump that lubs the spindel bearings and found one of the check-valves to be fouled with dried gasket matrial. i wish there was an easy way to monitor th oil flow from the pump. up and running have made a few chips (big ones compared to my 9s). i will tear-down apron and qc gear box for inspection soon.