Re: 9a leadscrew gear ???

john kling

I have the same issue. I just acquire a gear box that did not come with the gear. I tried a change gear and it clearly does not mesh. A calculation of  dp from a listed gear was 14.7 - which seems implausible.   I wonder if the internals of the qc boxes is largely the same for a heavy 10 or the workshop lathes.

From: "stephenbutler634@..."
To: SOUTHBENDLATHE@...
Sent: Monday, December 9, 2013 2:05 PM
Subject: [SOUTHBENDLATHE] 9a leadscrew gear ???

I have the opportunity to buy a 9a gearbox with leadscrew, but the gear which goes on the end of the leadscrew is missing. I think this is SB part no pT628NK1 which is 24 teeth with a flange and a key way. Can this be modified from a stock gear from the SB9 change gear, or is it a different DP. Thanks