Re: Metric threads on a 14 1/2

sblatheman

All the 14 1/2" South Bends I know of have a 6 TPI leadscrew.
Maybe, if yours is real old, it might have an 8, but I doubt it.

Ted

On Oct 29, 2013, at 8:36 PM, Michael Rothberg <mrothbergdesign@...> wrote:

Hi Allan,

I have uploaded a new album to the pictures section called 14 1/2" gear train.

There is a labeled photo of the gears under the cover at the end of the lathe.

Let me know if you have any questions about what you see there.

To recap,
single tumbler
8 tpi on the leadscrew.

Thanks again
Michael

On 10/27/13 1:08 PM, m. allan noah wrote:

Is your machine a single tumbler or double tumbler gearbox? What are the counts of teeth on the end gears? What pitch is the leadscrew?

allan
.

--
Michael Rothberg

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    Thomas A. Edison