From: David Rysdam [mailto:david@rysdam.org]
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2013 8:09 AM
To: Chuck Lippmeier; southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [southbendlathe] OT: Machinist Schools

Chuck Lippmeier <chuck@lippmeier.com> writes:
The Grantville Gazette is historical fiction following on Eric Flints
series of books that proposes a spectacular phenomenon that transports
a town of modern day West Virginians back into the 1630s Germany, the
thirty years war. This with modern hunting rifles, modern attitudes,
pick-up trucks and the high school library. This is hardly an
authoritative study of the guild system, though Eric Flint has done a
remarkable with getting the point across as to what it must have been
like back then. I'm a real fan of the entire series but it is fiction
after all.

How have I never heard of this??

It'll fit right in with my current audiobook series:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Story_of_Civilization