From: southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com [mailto:southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Gregg Eshelman
Sent: Saturday, October 26, 2013 11:27 PM
To: southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [southbendlathe] OT: Machinist Schools

Each issue has several *non fiction* articles on various topics, but usually
on different aspects of the world as it was in the last 1600's.

On 10/26/2013 5:28 PM, Chuck Lippmeier wrote:

The Grantville Gazette is historical fiction following on Eric Flints
series of books that proposes a spectacular phenomenon that transports
a town of modern day West Virginians back into the 1630s Germany, the
thirty years war. This with modern hunting rifles, modern attitudes,
pick-up trucks and the high school library. This is hardly an
authoritative study of the guild system, though Eric Flint has done a
remarkable with getting the point across as to what it must have been
like back then. I'm a real fan of the entire series but it is fiction
after all.

Chuck Lippmeier