Re: Smallest Lathe with Taper Attaachment ?

gorvil

Hi Jackie,

Seems funny for me to say that, my sister's name is Jackie.

I have had a Sherline lathe and milling column accessory for years.
You cut tapers by offsetting the headstock, the same as the Unimat.
Sherline has a huge array of accessories and such. You can check
them out on line WWW.Sherline.com and on a very active group on Yahoo.

I took my lathe into the class I taught in metal casting at the local
community college. It is very portable.

Glen Reeser

--- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, "k3vyl <k3vyl@e...>"
<k3vyl@e...> wrote:
--- In southbendlathe@yahoogroups.com, "jaxinbc
<jackie.blake@t...>"
<jackie.blake@t...> wrote:
Does anyone know what the smallest lathe ever made with a taper
attachment ? We travel a lot in our RV so I thought on rainy days
sometimes it might be nice to have some little lathe,all boxed up
on
board that I could set up and wile away the day. TV & radio get
boring as heck and getting too old to chase the cook !!
The Unimat SL doesnt have a taper attachment,but you can offset
the
headstock and cut tepers with it.There is a Unimat group on
yahoo,so
you can go over there and take a look. RC