From: southbendlathe@... [mailto:southbendlathe@...] On Behalf Of taosdoug
Sent: Sunday, August 11, 2013 6:40 PM
To: southbendlathe@...
Subject: [southbendlathe] Sorry to be a pest, but...

back to wiring my switch -- I tried three different wiring schemes -- one from John, one from Stan, and one from Owen -- they all tripped the breaker. Then I thought that it might be the switch so I directly connected white to white and black to black -- motor to power cord. That tripped the breaker too. What's the chance there's a short in the motor?

Again, it's a 115v single phase GE, probably as old as the machine (early 40s), says it draws 7.8 amps. The switch is a Cutler Hammer.

maybe time to call an electrician....

Doug