Re: Confused by operation

sblatheman

Double tumbler gearbox(any size), spindle in forward, reverse lever UP, feeds the carriage toward the spindle(left)
Single tumbler gearbox(any size), spindle in forward, reverse bracket DOWN, feeds the carriage toward the spindle(left)

Ted

On Jul 6, 2013, at 10:02 AM, "Myles" <myleslawrence@...> wrote:

The SB How to run a lathe booklet says to run auto carriage feed, the reverse switch should be down. When I do that the carriage goes left to right (reverse) What am I missing?

Also at what thread setting should the gear box be in for auto carriage feed and lead screw speed? I'm also confused as to how these relate. If I want to cut steel at a certain fpm at the spindle speed is one thing but how does the gear box and auto feed come into play?

Sorry but couldn't find this in any of the SB manual I downloaded. I guess this is something you're just supposed to know.