Re: Vibration Question from a newbie

gorvil

Hi Fred,

The typical benchtop set-up does not use a spring to the bench for belt tension. There is an adjustable length rod that goes between the headstock and the drive unit with a lever that pops over center. These appear on eBay from time to time. Look for "belt tension lever". I bought one from PKE in Libertyville, Illinois, but any of the dealers mentioned on this list could probably help you.

Glen Reeser

The motor is pivoted on on side, and has a spring on the other,

to the lathe bench. When I run the lathe, the motor jumps up and down by
about a 1/2", which I can feel through the whole bench/lathe. It does not
seem to affect the surface finish I get, except on a heavy cut.