Re: ? re dial readings on SBL 16"

sblatheman

Ed,
 Can you imagine 200 graduations on those little bitty dials from the old days? :-)
South Bend wasn't the only one that did that. I think they all did.

Ted

On Apr 27, 2013, at 9:09 PM, Ed S <eschwerkolt@...> wrote:

Ted,

I have always been confused........ I mean about direct reading or
indirect reading... your radius vs diameter example really helps. I
am not a trained machinist more of a hacker machinist

Now let me ask the question that is on everyone's finger tips. Don't
snicker I know you are out there.

Why did they make dials that read for cutting the radius when the
tools we use read the diameter of a part?

Ed S